Expression of Interest
Landcare Australia raises funds to support environmental and sustainable agriculture projects through corporate and government partnerships, fundraising and donations.
In order to better identify suitable projects to support, we invite eligible Landcare and community groups to submit a project summary using our online Expression of Interest (EoI) form. To check if your group is able to apply for Landcare Australia funding, please see the eligibility section below.
Each project summary will be reviewed and kept on file by Landcare Australia, and if a suitable funding partner of funding stream identified, groups may be invited to submit a more detailed application.
Before submitting a project EoI, please read the following guidelines:
- Registrations are open to all volunteer-based community groups across Australia that embrace the Landcare ethos. This includes, but is not limited to, Landcare, Farming Systems, Bushcare, Coastcare and “Friends of” groups.
- Groups that have not received funding from Landcare Australia in the last two years are particularly encouraged to register.
- Not-for-profits operating at a nationwide level, universities, individual landholders, and/or state, territory or local government are not eligible to register their interest via this program.
- Schools, kindergartens and youth groups are not eligible to receive funding via this program; instead they are invited to apply for Junior Landcare grants as they become available.
- Groups with overdue project reports from previous grants are ineligible for further funding, until all reporting requirements are met.
- Projects must clearly demonstrate measurable Agricultural or Natural Resource Management (NRM), and include associated community benefits.
- Funding is usually secured for periods of 12 months at a time, however there is no fixed time limit on the duration of a potential project.
- A brief project overview is required, which addresses the following:
- Location, Need, Objectives, Activities, Duration and anticipated Outcomes.
- Project budgets should be estimates only, and fall between $5,000 and $15,000. Detailed costings will be requested at a later date, if required.
- If you have been invited by Landcare Australia to submit an EoI for a particular funding opportunity please refer to the specific criteria provided with the invitation.
- There is no closing date for the submission of project EoIs, unless otherwise specified in an invitation
- The submission of an EoI does not guarantee your project will be funded.
Please note: EoIs registered as part of this program are intended to provide an overview of potential projects only. If Landcare Australia are seeking further project information, we will contact you.
How to apply?
To submit a project EoI, please register your project on the Landcare Australia Communities Portal.
- Log into the Landcare Australia Communities Portal.
- If you have applied for a grant on the portal in the past, your username will be your email address.
- If you have not applied for a grant before, you can register as a user here.
- Select ‘Landcare Australia Project Expression of Interest’.
- Press the ‘Create Application’ button, and start filling in the application form.
- If you received an invitation to submit an EoI and you know the name of the funding opportunity please write the name under ‘Grant Reference Name’
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application and edit your application later, select the ‘Save & Close’
- To continue working on your EoI, log back into the portal, following points 1 and 2. Click on your ‘Grant Application Name’ (e.g. GA-00006543) at the bottom of the page, and press the ‘Edit Application’
- To submit your EoI, go to the last tab of the application form: ‘Declaration & Submission’. Select the option ‘Yes’ to the ‘Are you ready to submit your EoI?’ question, then press ‘Save & Close’.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your EoI has been successfully submitted.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your junk mail folder.
For further information or advice, please email Landcare Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org.