GRANTS FOR GARDENS
This year’s Yates Junior Landcare Garden Grants program is offering 15 grants for fun, hands-on garden projects that will help young people learn about gardening, sustainability and our natural environment!
Who is eligible to apply?
Schools, childcare centres and youth groups across Australia can apply.
What can I win?
15 grants are on offer. They are made up of $1,500 in funding, $500 of Yates garden products and a consultation with a Yates gardening expert to really help bring the project to life!
How do I apply?
We are looking for you to design your dream garden and send us your design! The grants will be awarded to the most creative, sustainable and environmentally concious entries. If you are looking for some inspiration, please check out the stories from previous Junior Landcare grant recipients further down this page. Click here to access our grant guidelines and criteria and read all the nitty gritty you need to know before applying.
You also need to register for the Landcare Australia Communities Portal to submit an application. You will find more information further down the page on this portal.
When can I apply?
Applications for the Yates Junior Landcare Garden Grants are now open and close on 29 June 2017 at 5pm (EST).
Is there anything else I need to know?
Be sure to read our grants guidelines and criteria before submitting your application. We can’t wait to see your amazing garden designs!
About the Landcare Australia Communities Portal
Applications for the Grants for Gardens 2017 can be submitted through the online Landcare Australia Communities Portal. To submit an application:
- Login to the Landcare Australia Communities Portal. If you have applied for a grant on the portal in the past, your username will be your email address. If you have not applied for a grant before, you can register as a user here.
- Click on ‘Grants for Gardens 2017’.
- Click on ‘Create Application’.
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press ‘Save’ and log out. You can log back in and continue to edit your application form until you are ready to submit.
- To submit your application, select the ‘Is application complete?’ checkbox and press ‘Save’.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
|Applications open:||Monday 29 May 2017 (9.00am EST)|
|Applications close:||Thursday 29 June 2017 (5.00pm EST)|
|Successful applicants announced:||21 July 2017|
|Funds paid to grant recipients:||26 – 30 August 2017|
Do you need some inspiration?
Some great examples of Junior Landcare projects are below.
Miami State High Schoolread more
Kalaya Children’s Centreread more
Maitland Grossmann High Schoolread more
Winters Flat Primary Schoolread more
St. Albans Heights Primary Schoolread more
Blackett Child Care Centreread more