GREEN ARMY PROGRAMME
The Green Army is a hands-on, practical, environmental action programme funded by the Federal Government to support local environmental and heritage conservation projects across Australia.
Landcare Australia has partnered with ManpowerGroup as a service provider for the Green Army programme. Together, we bring Landcare Australia’s 26 years of expertise in environmental project delivery and ManpowerGroup’s 50 years experience in workforce solutions, to provide a high quality end-to-end service in delivering Green Army Projects nationally (excluding the NT).
The Green Army programme provides opportunities for young Australians aged 17-24 years to gain training and experience in environmental and heritage conservation fields, while participating in projects that generate real benefits for the environment.
How do I get involved?
Become a Host
Landcare Australia is keen to work with and encourage Landcare Groups and National Resource Management (NRM) agencies to put forward project applications. There may be the potential for NRM organisations to help local Landcare Groups and act as overarching project hosts.
The Green Army Programme provides a supervised, mobile and equipped team of up to nine participants and one team supervisor to undertake natural resource management projects to benefit the local environment and community.
Projects can be carried out across urban, regional and remote Australia on public land, Indigenous-held lands, or private land where there is a clear community and environmental and/or heritage benefit.
If you or your group has a project where a Green Army team may complement your work and achieve great environmental and / or heritage outcomes, Landcare Australia and ManpowerGroup would like to hear from you. Contact us with your ideas or to discuss any questions so we can:
– Provide advice / information and assist in the application process.
– Provide advice on scoping your project to maximise your project outcomes and success in securing Green Army projects.
– Ensure we maximise Green Army opportunities for the local Landcare community.
– Work with you as your preferred Service Provider once your application is successful.
For more information on how Landcare Australia can assist you with the application process, please contact us on (02) 9412 1040 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved in a Green Army Project
As a Green Army participant you will be involved in a project for 30 hours a week for a period of 20-26 weeks and undertake a range of activities which may include:
– Undertaking weed control and re-vegetating reserves, national parks and habitat critical in conserving threatened species.
– Improving water quality by cleaning up waterways and stabilising river banks.
– Constructing pathway and boardwalks to improve public access and protect local wildlife.
– Monitoring and mapping native flora and fauna.
– Restoring and protecting cultural heritage.
Click here to register your interest to become a Green Army participant or team supervisor.