GREEN ARMY PROGRAMME
The Green Army is a hands-on, practical, environmental action programme funded by the Federal Government to support local environmental and heritage conservation projects across Australia.
Landcare Australia has partnered with ManpowerGroup as a service provider for the Green Army programme. Together, we bring Landcare Australia’s 26 years of expertise in environmental project delivery and ManpowerGroup’s 50 years experience in workforce solutions, to provide a high quality end-to-end service in delivering Green Army Projects nationally (excluding the NT).
The Green Army programme provides opportunities for young Australians aged 17-24 years to gain training and experience in environmental and heritage conservation fields, while participating in projects that generate real benefits for the environment.
As of December 2017 no new Green Army projects will be funded by the Federal Government under this programme. The Landcare Australia and ManpowerGroup partnership continue to work together on the Green Army programme to carry out our existing Green Army commitments.
How do I get involved?
Get involved in a Green Army Project
As a Green Army participant you will be involved in a project for 30 hours a week for a period of 20-26 weeks and undertake a range of activities which may include:
– Undertaking weed control and re-vegetating reserves, national parks and habitat critical in conserving threatened species.
– Improving water quality by cleaning up waterways and stabilising river banks.
– Constructing pathway and boardwalks to improve public access and protect local wildlife.
– Monitoring and mapping native flora and fauna.
– Restoring and protecting cultural heritage.
Click here to register your interest to become a Green Army participant or team supervisor.