2019 Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants
The Victorian Department of Environment, Land Water & Planning (DELWP) and Landcare Australia are partnering for a second year to fund the 2019 Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants for schools, kindergartens, childcare centres, Scouts, Girl Guides and youth groups.
Applications are now open for the 2019 grants that provide an opportunity to secure funding to engage young Victorians in outdoor, hands-on, on-ground projects and environmental learning activities that provide both environmental and educational outcomes, as well as health and social benefits.
Only schools or groups located in Victoria are eligible to apply.
The 2019 Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants of up to $5,000 each are available.
Your organisation could be awarded up to $5,000 if you have a project that focuses on:
- Improving biodiversity through the development, improvement or restoration of habitat for Victoria’s native plants (flora) and animals (fauna), and/or
- Educating, involving and engaging young people in valuing and actively caring for Victoria’s natural environment.
Projects can be either direct-action projects (with an on-ground component) or in-direct action projects (with an education component), or a mixture of both.
Here are some tips to help you apply:
- Check the Guidelines to see if your project idea fits.
- Start talking to your colleagues and get a project team together. Your project team may consist of teachers, parents, students and collaborators such as your local Landcare group, ‘Friends of’ group or local indigenous nursery.
- Work with your project team to clearly develop your project idea, including the educational and environmental outcomes you expect to achieve.
- Make sure your project gets students involved.
- Develop a detailed and realistic budget.
- Include pictures, maps, drawings or anything else that’ll help bring your application to life.
Applications close at 3pm, Friday 28th June, 2019