2019 Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants are now open
Gallagher offers a full range of animal management products and integrated solutions, including a range of permanent and portable electric fencing. The launch of the Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants, represents an expansion of Gallagher’s partnership with Landcare Australia to increase the company’s efforts in demonstrating their commitment to local communities and the environment.
Eligible applicants for Gallagher Fencing Landcare Grants are invited to apply for an individual fencing project grant for up to $8,000 (ex-GST) including fencing materials – up to 12 grants are planned for 2019. Grant submissions close on Friday, 31st May.
Grant recipients will undertake fencing projects, using Gallagher’s products, which MUST have:
- Tangible environmental or sustainable agriculture outcomes;
- A Project Plan using fencing products developed together with a local Gallagher Territory Manager; and
- Knowledge-sharing opportunities through field day(s), site visit(s) or demonstration(s).
Grant applications are open for projects that align with one or both of the below priority areas:
- Grazing management
Electric fencing has revolutionised pasture management techniques meaning better profitability for farmers. Permanent or portable systems are used to subdivide pastures for more effective grazing, keeping the grass fresh, short, high energy and palatable which ultimately leads to increased milk and meat production.
- Conservation fencing
Installing conservation fencing can help exclude threats to valuable native plants and animals, such as: Browsing or trampling by herbivores (such as stock, rabbits or kangaroos); Preventing damage from people; or even to keep out introduced pests.
Click here for examples of how Landcare groups have used Gallagher fencing for grazing management and conservation projects in the past.
The Gallagher Fencing Landcare Grants 2019 are open to:
- Landcare, Coastcare and Junior Landcare groups
- Volunteer-based community groups
- Individual landholders, farmers, agriculturalists and graziers
Geographic location for grant applicants
Ideally, applicants and project locations should be within 100km radius from a Gallagher Territory Manager location – if you’re unsure, contact your nearest Territory Manager to confirm eligibility.
How to apply for a Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grant
- Download and read the Grant Criteria and Guidelines.
- If you have a project in mind, contact your nearest Gallagher Territory Manager (See Grant Guidelines and Criteria for a link to Territory Managers across Australia).
- Register as a user on the Landcare Australia Communities Portal and click on Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants to start your application and/or get an idea of the type information you will be required to provide.
- Submit your application by Friday, 31 May (3pm AEST).
After reading the Guidelines if you have any questions, please call Landcare Australia on (02) 8440 8819 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org