Landcare Australia has worked collaboratively with federal, state and local governments and their agencies for over 30 years to support the landcare community with activities that:
- support the sharing of knowledge and promote the development of community leadership and resilience
- recognise and celebrate the achievements of the landcare community
- encourage participation in landcare activities and the recruitment and retention of volunteers
- attract government, corporate and philanthropic funding and in-kind support for good quality, hands on projects and programs that will improve environmental and community wellbeing outcomes
- support the adoption of sustainable agriculture practices that will deliver a more productive and profitable agriculture industry.
Australian Government Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action
The National Landcare Program is a key part of the Australian Government’s commitment to natural resource management, and is administered by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment. Landcare Australia receives funding from the National Landcare Program to deliver the following projects: National Landcare Conference, the National Landcare Awards, the State & Territory Landcare Awards, the Bob Hawke Landcare Award, Landcare in Focus magazine, Landcarer and the Landcare Farming Program.
Landcare Australia was a large scale service provider for the 20 Million Trees Program from 2015 – 2020. During this period Landcare Australia delivered seven large scale revegetation projects across South Australia and Victoria. These projects supported threatened species conservation, engaged with the community, helped build a resilient landscape and significantly contributed to achieving the Departments goal of 20 Million Trees.
Victorian Government Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The Victorian Government’s Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA), through the Victorian Landcare Program, provide funding and support to Landcare Australia to leverage corporate and other non-government funding for Landcare projects in Victoria. The support provided by DEECA helps to increase the funding available to Victoria’s Landcare groups and schools for a diverse range of Landcare projects across the state. This support includes the Victorian Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants.