Corporate Environment Volunteering
Volunteering offers many benefits, including opportunities for your employees to; gain new skills and knowledge, enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfilment, develop personally and boost self-esteem, as well as connect to and better understand their community.
Landcare Australia’s Corporate Environmental Volunteering (CEV) programme not only offers you with a meaningful, synergistic project for your employees to deliver positive environmental outcomes, it’s also a great way to build teams and engender better engagement within the workplace.
Our CEV programme has been running for over 20 years and contributes to uniquely Australian partnerships between the community, government and business to better manage Australia’s crucial land and water assets.
We’ve had thousands of corporate volunteers from companies like PricewaterhouseCoopers, Qantas, Coca Cola, Telstra, Holden, Konica Minolta, ING Direct, Zurich, Westpac and Deutsche Bank participate in volunteering days across all capital cities. They have planted thousands of trees, cleaned up dozens of beaches and removed tons of weeds across Australia.
Corporate teams leave from their Landcare CEV day with a better understanding of; biodiversity, their local area, and how their activities at home and work may be impacting on our fragile environment.
What happens on a Landcare Australia CEV day?
A typical corporate volunteer day runs from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm across a range of sites within 30-45 minutes of CBD’s in each state and territory.
We will have an experienced team leader onsite to lead your corporate volunteering day and ensure its success.
Your team will get:
• A detailed overview of the local site including information on local environmental issues
• A toolbox talk including a WH&S briefing
• A site tour to understand the biodiversity of the area and what the community group hopes to achieve long term
• Dirty hands! Depending on the site location, current Landcare activities and the natural resource management plan of the area, your team could be involved in planting, mulching and weeding, plant propagation, seed collection and nursery work, cultural heritage restoration, or general site maintenance and bush regeneration activities
• A team photo with your Landcare hosts
• Take home key environmental messages including how everyone can contribute at home and the workplace, and how you can get involved in a local group that works on environmental issues
How much does a corporate volunteer day cost?
– Please contact the Corporate Volunteering Team at Landcare Australia via firstname.lastname@example.org for group package costs.
How do I organise a Corporate Environmental Volunteering day for my team?
Landcare Australia can accommodate groups of 6 to 100 participants across a range of sites – coastal areas, native bushland, urban sites or regional locations.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information, and include group size, preferred location and possible dates you would like to hold your team event. Please allow ample lead time so we can organise the best possible day and site location for your team.