POWERFUL YOUTH PROJECTS
Powerful Youth Projects are funded by Momentum Energy through its partnership with Junior Landcare. The program offers 200 grants of $1000 for projects in Victoria that involve young people actively caring for and learning about their natural environment.
Who is eligible to apply?
Powerful Youth Projects are available in Victoria and open to the following:
What can I win?
200 grants of $1,000 are on offer.
What kind of projects will be funded?
We’re looking to support fantastic Powerful Youth Projects that really give children the power to learn, care for or create in an outdoor classroom. Check out some Junior Landcare case studies below for ideas inspiration. Project ideas could include bush tucker or native gardens, veggie or sensory gardens, or composting and recycling activities.
How do I apply?
Simply register through our Landcare Australia Communities Portal and submit your application online before the closing date of 20 April at 5pm (EST). Information on the portal can be found further down this page, or if you have any questions call 03 8631 7800.
When will I find out if I have been successful?
All applicants will be contacted by Junior Landcare on 22 May to let you know whether you have been successful this time or not.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Momentum Energy and Junior Landcare are really looking forward to reading your exciting Powerful Youth Project ideas! Click here to access our grant guidelines and criteria and read all the nitty gritty you need to know before applying.
About the Landcare Australia Communities Portal
Applications for the Powerful Youth Projects can be submitted through the online Landcare Australia Communities Portal. To submit an application:
- Login to the Landcare Australia Communities Portal. If you have applied for a grant on the portal in the past, your username will be your email address. If you have not applied for a grant before, you can register as a user here.
- Click on ‘Powerful Youth Projects Grants 2017’.
- Click on ‘Create Application’.
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press ‘Save’ and log out. You can log back in and continue to edit your application form until you are ready to submit.
- To submit your application, select the ‘Is application complete?’ checkbox and press ‘Save’.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
|Applications open:||2 March 2017 (9.00am EST)|
|Applications close:||20 April 2017 (5.00pm EST)|
|Successful applicants announced:||22 May 2017|
|Funds paid to grant recipients:||29 May – 9 June 2017|
Some great examples of Junior Landcare projects are below. Click here to read even more
Miami State High Schoolread more
Kalaya Children’s Centreread more
Maitland Grossmann High Schoolread more
Winters Flat Primary Schoolread more
St. Albans Heights Primary Schoolread more
Blackett Child Care Centreread more