Applications have now closed for the Powerful Youth Projects
POWERFUL YOUTH PROJECTS
Winners of the Powerful Youth Projects Grant
From Lorne to Nungurner, Victoria’s students will be getting their hands dirty in 245 innovative outdoor classroom projects supported through Junior Landcare and Momentum Energy’s Powerful Youth Projects. The projects awarded funding include veggie and bushtucker gardens, Indigenous gardens, frog bogs, and other projects educating children about biodiversity, growing their own food, and healthy ecosystems.
To see a full list of Powerful Youth Projects, click here.
Who is eligible to apply?
Powerful Youth Projects are available in Victoria and open to the following:
What can I win?
200 grants of $1,000 are on offer.
What kind of projects will be funded?
We’re looking to support fantastic Powerful Youth Projects that really give children the power to learn, care for or create in an outdoor classroom. Check out some Junior Landcare case studies below for ideas inspiration. Project ideas could include bush tucker or native gardens, veggie or sensory gardens, or composting and recycling activities.
When will I find out if I have been successful?
All applicants will be contacted by Junior Landcare on 22 May to let you know whether you have been successful this time or not.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Momentum Energy and Junior Landcare are really looking forward to reading your exciting Powerful Youth Project ideas! Click here to access our grant guidelines and criteria and read all the nitty gritty you need to know before applying.
About the Landcare Australia Communities Portal
Applications for the Powerful Youth Projects can be submitted through the online Landcare Australia Communities Portal. To submit an application:
- Login to the Landcare Australia Communities Portal. If you have applied for a grant on the portal in the past, your username will be your email address. If you have not applied for a grant before, you can register as a user here.
- Click on ‘Powerful Youth Projects Grants 2017’.
- Click on ‘Create Application’.
- If you wish to leave a partially completed application, press ‘Save’ and log out. You can log back in and continue to edit your application form until you are ready to submit.
- To submit your application, select the ‘Is application complete?’ checkbox and press ‘Save’.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
|Applications open:||2 March 2017 (9.00am EST)|
|Applications close:||27 April 2017 (5.00pm EST)|
|Successful applicants announced:||22 May 2017|
|Funds paid to grant recipients:||29 May – 9 June 2017|
Some great examples of Junior Landcare projects are below. Click here to read even more
Miami State High Schoolread more
Kalaya Children’s Centreread more
Maitland Grossmann High Schoolread more
Winters Flat Primary Schoolread more
St. Albans Heights Primary Schoolread more
Blackett Child Care Centreread more